What to Write in a Birthday Card
Whether you’re good with writing cards or at a loss for words, we’ve got some birthday message inspiration that will assure the guest of honor a happy one. Each birthday is a milestone that deserves proper celebration and you can tailor your birthday message to reflect your appreciation and well wishes for the honoree. Whether you’re sending a card in the mail or you’ve received a themed birthday party invitation, you can use our easy tips to write a well-worded message that relays your birthday sentiments. A heartfelt birthday card can take any gift from good to great in a few simple steps on what to write in a birthday card below.
Skip straight to the birthday message section you want below:
Birthday Card Wording for Friends
Depending on the birthday boy or girl, your birthday card wording will vary. Are you looking for some heartfelt birthday wishes? How about sincere birthday messages? Who are we kidding, we know you’re interested in some birthday jokes about being old, aren’t you?
Like we said, whether your birthday greetings will take on a funny, cute or romantic feel will all depend on who you are writing the card to. Here are some of our favorite wording examples for birthday greetings, no matter who the hero of the occasion is. Keep in mind that the best birthday wishes are the ones that come from the heart. Use these examples, combine them or customize them in all your happy birthday wishes.
Cute Birthday Messages
- Thanks for being here, for being you. Happiest of birthdays.
- So grateful that you were born. Happy birthday.
Funny Birthday Greetings
- Happy birthday to one of the few people whose birthday I can remember without a Facebook reminder.
- Forget about the past, you can’t change it. Forget about the future, you can’t predict it. Forget about the present, I didn’t get you one.
Sincere Birthday Wishes
- I wish that every candle on your birthday cake brings you a reason to smile.
- It is always good to remember you, my friend, especially on your big day! Make it unforgettable.
As the special people in your life turn another year older and another year wiser (or at least that’s what they say happens…) we want to make sure we welcome them into the next 365 days in the best way possible. We want to make sure as the years go by the birthday boy or girl knows your love and appreciation only grows more and more.
Happy Birthday Card Wording Examples for Mom
It’s easy to under appreciate Mom sometimes. Yes, she knows how much you love and cherish her, but it doesn’t hurt to remind her of that every once in a while and especially doesn’t hurt to on her birthday. These special Mother’s birthday greetings are just what your card is missing.
- It doesn’t matter how old I am, your hug is still the warmest and safest place on the earth for me. Happy Birthday to the most loving mom in the world.
- People often say that mothers are the best teachers in the world. Over the years, I have come to know that it couldn’t be truer. Thanks for being the best mother and teacher in the whole world. Happy Birthday my dearest mommy!
- Today is the most special day of the year because if it weren’t for the day you were born, I wouldn’t have been born either! Wishing you a very Happy Birthday.
- I am what I am today, only because you were there for me all these years. I wouldn’t be half the person I am today if you had not showered me with your wise advice and love. I love you, mom. Happy Birthday!
- I love you so much mom, more than you can even imagine! You have been such a strong support to me. I will never be able to thank you enough for all of it. Happy Birthday to the best mom in the world and the prettiest lady I have ever seen!
Happy Birthday Card Wording Examples for Dad
Same goes for Dad as it did for Mom…
Parents play a pivotal role in our lives and often times it is hard to tell them just how grateful you are for their love and support. Of course your dad knows how much you love him, but why not go ahead and tell him again, especially on his big day. When he opens his birthday card and smiles, you’ll know the reason why.
- Dad, you were there for me from the day I was born, always having my best interests in mind. You are one of the most important people in my life and I love you with my whole heart. Happy birthday, Dad!
- Dad, you are my hero, my role model, the man who I look up, to and dream to become. Happy birthday, Dad!
- You may be an old man, but man do I love you. Happy birthday, Dad!
- Superheroes are one in a million. Great fathers like you are one in a lifetime. Happy Birthday!
- Special birthday wishes to the man who has all the answers. Dad, I hope you have a wonderful birthday!
Happy Birthday Card Wording Examples For Husband
So, it’s your hubby’s birthday? Seeing as he is your LIFE partner, you should make sure his birthday card is super sweet. Think cute, romantic and maybe even funny. He will surely appreciate your birthday wishes on top of his slice of cake.
- Darling, you mean so much to me and it is a reminder to you that how much I love you. Thanks for being my perfect partner. Happy birthday.
- Wishing happy birthday to the man, whom I love most. This is for giving me so many wonderful memories and I believe that there are more yet to come.
- You are my world. You are my sun that shines every morning. You are my breeze that blows in the afternoon. Love you and wishing you a happy birthday.
- I still remember the moment when we looked into each others’ eyes and said I love you for the first time… because it feels exactly the same way, even today. Happy birthday.
- For some reason, when I go birthday shopping for you, I end up finding a lot more gifts for myself. Your birthdays are really expensive, but you’re worth it. Happy birthday Hubby!
Happy Birthday Wording Examples For Wife
The perfect complement to a beautiful birthday card, is a romantic birthday wish to go along with it. We know you make your wife feel special on a day-to-day basis, but her birthday is the time to bring out the extra special. Keep these words romantic, darling and full of love when wishing her a happiest of birthdays.
- My love and respect grows for you with each passing year. I am truly blessed to have you as my life partner. The various ups and downs that we have faced together in the life have further strengthened our bonding, love and respect for each other. Happy birthday honey, I love you.
- You are the sweetest thing in the world and you know how I cannot resist sweet things. Happy Birthday, my dear.
- My favorite place on this planet is your heart and on your birthday I would like to remind you that you are the world to me. Happy Birthday!
- If it were not for you, I would have never know what love is. Thank you for being my wife and bringing so much happiness into my life. I’m glad that now I can call you my family. I love you so much. Happy Birthday, my beloved.
- The love between both of us makes life a celebration everyday. But today is extra special because it’s your birthday. Happy Birthday Darling. I hope that the year ahead turns out to be the best one of your life.
Happy Birthday Wording Examples for Boyfriend
Getting boyfriend birthday wishes right doesn’t have to be hard. Whether he is the type of guy to appreciate a sappy birthday greeting or one that will leave him laughing, these are sure to help.
- The best thing in the world is getting to celebrate the birthday of the one you love. I am so lucky I can call you mine. Happy Birthday.
- I never thought I’d love anything more than ice cream, until I found you, of course. Wishing you the best birthday ever, my sweetheart.
- My love grows stronger for you as each year passes by, so on your birthday, let’s take the time to make your birthday a happy one!
- You are the strongest man I have ever met, and our love is one that I can count on when times are tough. Happy Birthday to my steady rock.
- Happy birthday! May you get all you wish for. Oh, wait… you already have all that you wish for…Me!
Happy Birthday Wording Examples for Girlfriend
Chocolates, flowers and gifts do the trick, but when paired with sweet words that make her smile well, nothing can top that. Make your girlfriend’s day full of love with these romantic ideas for saying, “Happy birthday to you.”
- Happy birthday! I love your eyes. I love your smile. I love your neck. I love your hands. I love your nose. I love…everything about you. You’re why I have so much love in my heart.
- Happy Birthday! Your special day is joyously, incredible, awesomely and wonderfully special to me because you’re joyously, incredibly, awesomely and wonderfully THE most special person in my life
- Every time when I see you, I fall in love with you all over again. Happy birthday to my wonderful girlfriend!
- Today is your day, so light up the candles and make the greatest wish! I believe that together we will make it come true!
- Congratulations to the love of my life, I hope the very best wishes for you on your big day! From the man who loves you.
Happy Birthday Wording Examples for Boss
After you’ve decorated the office with must-have birthday decorations like balloons and streamers, you should include a well-worded birthday wish for your boss.
- Your sincerity inspires us, your hard work motivates us. You set a great example for all of us. Happy Birthday boss!
- With a leader like you, tasks and projects are so much fun to work on. I wish you a very Happy Birthday.
- On this special day, I would like you to know that you have imbibed in me the zeal to perform and the ethics to upgrade my human qualities. You’ve made the workplace a potpourri of values… Happy Birthday!
- You bring out the best in us. We’re so lucky to have a boss as wonderful as you. Here’s wishing you a day that’s as special as you are.
- Another year of success has passed, but the hunger to achieve more is still the same. I am proud to have a boss like you. Wishing you a very happy birthday. We can’t wait to celebrate.
Happy Birthday Wording for Milestone Birthdays
Milestone birthdays are those that mark a big birthday year and after the 1st 18th and 21st it seems that these milestone birthdays are marked by round numbers. And don’t get us wrong, round numbered birthdays deserve some extra celebration and some even better birthday wishes. Below are some of our favorites that are sure to do the trick for milestone birthdays.
- Happy first birthday. I know you may be too young to remember this day but I want you know how much you are loved.
- Turning one year old is AWESOME! You get to smash cake all over the place, spit it back out on your Mom, and if anyone gets mad at you just cry a lot and they’ll forgive you. Have a Happy Birthday, kiddo!
- You’re a whole year old! It’s time to waddle your way into those terrible twos. Have fun! Happy Birthday, you little rascal!
- What is the first thing that a person does on their 21st birthday? Exactly! Stop reading this card and go get yourself an alcoholic beverage. Happy Birthday!
- I remember my 21st birthday party! Wait, no I don’t. You’ll soon find out why. Cheers to you and Happy Birthday!
- Turning 21 is barrels of fun! Here’s to a great night and a fantastic birthday.
- When you were twenty, you felt like growing up and becoming thirty. When you will be forty, you will wish you could go back to being thirty. So to conclude, being thirty is just perfect. Happy birthday.
- Congratulations for turning thirty. From here on, life is less about knowing how old you are and more about believing how young you feel. Happy birthday.
- Life is too short to be lived counting the years. Just enjoy the ride and make awesome memories. Happy birthday.
- Happy Birthday to a guy/gal who’s nifty at fifty
- Happy 20th Anniversary of your 30th Birthday
- We call it 50. The Spanish call it cincuenta. The Germans call it funfzig. In whatever language, it’s a birthday worth celebrating!
- Happy 50th Birthday! Wishing you a wonderful day and a fabulous year being fifty.
Just remember to let your relationship to the birthday boy or girl guide the way you write your happy birthday wishes. So, now that you’ve got all our wonderful tips and tricks, pick up the pen and start drafting your personal message. Good luck and don’t forget the ‘Happy birthday!”
If you’re not only writing a birthday card but planning the birthday party too you can find some extra inspiration with our birthday party themes for boys and also our fun sweet sixteen birthday party ideas! You can These should help ease your party planning duties, save you stress and remind you to have fun.