Anna Wintour ‘splits from investor husband Shelby Bryan after 16 years of marriage’
Anna Wintour ‘splits from investor husband Shelby Bryan after 16 years of marriage’ – as Vogue editor’s horror year continues following Condé Nast race scandal and André Leon Talley’s scathing memoir
- Split first reported by Page Six yesterday; Wintour’s rep declined to comment
- Wintour, 70, and Bryan, 74, first began dating in 1999; their relationship caused a stir as the investor allegedly walked out on his wife to be with the Vogue editor
- The couple wed in 2004, but have kept their relationship largely private
- Wintour was previously married to David Shaffer, with whom she has two adult children: Charles, 35, and Bea, 33
- The split comes amid a difficult year for Wintour; her former friend has released a scathing memoir and she has conceded to race related ‘mistakes’ at Vogue
Anna Wintour and her husband Shelby Bryan have reportedly split after 16 years of marriage.
The relationship between the Vogue editor, 70, and the Texas-born investor, 74, has been cooling since 2013 and the couple have only rarely been seen in public together since, Page Six reported.
The powerful pair began dating back in 1999, with their romance causing a stir among New York’s elite because Bryan reportedly walked out on his wife to be with Wintour.
At the time, the media maven had herself just divorced her psychiatrist husband David Shaffer, with whom she shares two children.
Wintour and Bryan went on to tie the knot in a top-secret ceremony in 2004 but in recent years the pair have rarely been seen in public.
The fashionista is known to have a wide circle of males friends, including the British actor Bill Nighy, who she has been regularly spotted with him at fashion shows and restaurant trips.
When Nighy was asked about the nature of their relationship in 2015, he replied, ‘I obviously have nothing to say about that. There are a lot of rumours about me and probably about Anna Wintour’.
The separation sets up the prospect of a multi-million dollar divorce, with Wintour boasting an estimated net worth of $35million alongside her husband’s sizeable fortune.
The couple split their time between a $11.4m townhouse in Manhattan’s trendy Greenwich Village and a sprawling holiday home in the Hamptons, which features a tennis court and stunning landscaped grounds leading down to the waterfront. +10
Anna Wintour and her husband Shelby Bryan have split after 16 years of marriage, according to a Wednesday report running in Page Six. The couple are pictured together in 2016